Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Have Goals: Living in Moderation

In the case that I start to forget what it is that I am working towards, I am assembling a small list of reminders of what it is that I am working towards:



-my health physically 
(exercising in a relaxed way such as runs, jogs, walks, small at home routines and exercises)

-my health mentally 
(purging myself of those unhealthy people in my life who have made me feel inferior, sad, and have brought me down)

-eating well 
(a much more complicated element of physical health. I want to be able to enjoy the delicious things in extreme moderation, not necessarily because large quantities will make me fat, but because I know how much better I feel when the bulk of my food is "health-food". moderating the amount of sugars and grains that I eat keeps me more energized and feeling lighter yet full. Also, not binge drinking [getting drunk] often, although i'm in college and it's still considered fairly acceptable to get drunk on a weekend night, it is unproductive and leaves my body feeling like a slug the entire next day)

-a career
(although I am not sure what exactly I want to do with a fashion marketing and management degree, I know that it is an industry that captivates me and is what I want to be a part of)

-being a better friend 
(I am known for dropping out of peoples' lives when my own gets stressful and overbearing, I am hoping to learn healthier relationship skills and to put those into action, not overwhelming myself with my own or someone else's problems so that I can be a good friend to everyone, especially myself)



And finally, a goal that wraps up and includes them all, living in moderation and self care/love. 
To me, this means to take everything in small or medium doses. Something hard to figure out and manage at only nineteen, but a habit i want to start developing now rather than later on in life. 

An issue that I can contribute to having been on Adderall for over a decade, my daddy issue and an assortment of other things I still need to work out in my life, being a perfectionist or settling for the complete opposites are the way I have functioned for a very long time. If I am unable to do something perfectly, then I have failed and don't see the point in finishing it and seeing the given project through. This unhealthy mentality applies to many aspects of my life; from relationships, to cleaning, to school projects, this idea haunts me in my actions. 

I am not looking for a solution to this bad habit/mentality, but rather to record some ways to keep myself from getting to this point of falling back on this way of thinking. 
-keep my house moderately clean, make sure you have a place for things that need their own place

-don't make one thing the most important thing in your life, yes school is very important, but you (meaning myself) are going to have some ridiculous emotional breakdown where you are not going to be able to function or succeed in any aspects of your life if that happens.

-school is important, it is not the absolute most important thing, but work your ass off at it because it will determine your career... remember you really want a career in fashion and that shit is a hard industry to break into and succeed in

-even things out
(when i begin to feel overwhelmed and like i dont have time for anything else [even showering!], you have time... again, you will not do well in anything if you do not)

-fucking time management 
(a lot of this leads back to being intimidated and not going to get something I need for a project because I feel fat or that I look gross... rembebrer, there are much fatter and uglier people in this world, and they probably aren't carrying a cute vintage purse and wearing a pair of Tory Burch or Pierre Hardy flats... you are. START things early, hopefully you will be excited enough about the assignment to do so)


No comments:

Post a Comment